In response to the current coronavirus lockdown, we are delighted to offer people online physio consultations from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
How it works:
Frequently asked questions about Online Physio
How do online physiotherapy consultations work?
- They are quite easy and straightforward.
- You can use your phone, tablet or computer.
- We recommended using your computer so that we can screen share our exercise videos with you if needed.
- You will be emailed a video link after booking the consultation.
- Just click on the link at the time of the scheduled appointment.
- We will discuss the issues you are having and possibly get you to do certain movements/tests at home to help us diagnose you.
- We will then be able to give you advice and show you which rehabilitation exercises to do in the comfort of your own home.
- You will also be shown exercises to do at home and get access to the videos.
Can you make a diagnosis without seeing me in person?
- Quite often we are able to make a diagnosis by asking a few questions about the signs and symptoms of your problem.
- During the online consultations we will ask you to do specific movements of the problem body part to confirm the injury.
- Once a diagnosis is made, a home treatment plan involving advice and exercises will be given to help resolve your issue.
Can online physiotherapy help me without hands on treatment?
- Hands on treatment is only part of your recovery.
- There are other major factors such as advice and rehabilitation exercises.
- From our years of experience working with top athletes, exercise is the most important element to make a full recovery and prevent your injury returning.
- Hands on treatment gives a helping hand but without a rehabilitation programme, no one makes a full recovery.
- Your exercise programme will consist of strength and flexibility exercises, including other types of exercises, depending on your issue.
Do I need exercise equipment?
- We will show you physiotherapy exercises that require little or no equipment.
- Having some equipment such as a weight, resistance bands, massage ball, foam roller etc. would be great but not necessary.
What do I need to wear for online physiotherapy consultations?
- For lower body injuries, please wear a pair of shorts or tight leggings.
- For upper body and spinal injuries, please wear a tight top.
- This will make it easier to look at your posture, movements and to get you to palpate tender areas.
Are video consultations secure?
- We use private physio software from Cliniko.
- Our software from Cliniko is encrypted from our end and the client's end.
- The communication is Peer to Peer, meaning it can not be accessed by anyone else. The consultation is not stored anywhere.
- The system complies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What payment methods are available?
- When you book your appointment using the online booking system, you will be directed to make a card payment at the time of booking.
I have private health insurance, will this be covered?
- Yes, due to the current coronavirus outbreak, most health insurance companies are now covering online physiotherapy consultations.
- Please get a pre-authorisation code from your provider before making the booking.
How much does it cost?
- We have 3 value for money physiotherapy packages for you to choose from.
- You can find out more here.